Homemade Skirts using a Hood

Discussion in 'Kustom Konstruction Zone' started by Robert Jewell, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Robert Jewell

Robert Jewell Moderator Staff Member

Using a Hood to make Skirts is not new to me as far as being done. I had heard that multiple times. But until recently i never knew how it was done. Here are some photos from James Williams. These are from when he did it with help of Jason Hawkins on his old '49 Cadillac. James wanted all credit to go to Jason. It was Jason's idea. 1488644686444.png 1488644757191.png 1488645136526.png 1488644921388.png 1488644981839.png 1488642023384.png

Caddy41, Ellwood59 and Timothy Hunt like this.
  2. Caddy41

Caddy41 King Daddy

Hi Robert ...Thanks for the information.....I knew Jason and James had made the super skirts on James 49 Caddy several years ago.....unfortunately all the build photos disappeared off the site build on H.A.M.B and there was no reference to James 49 Caddy build..there has been several blogs on different sites about how to make these unusual custom skirts....Jason is certainly the great custom instigator on the car and James was building a super kool 49 Cad custom ...would like to know who owns it now and if its finished.....Just wonder if Mirko in Italy got the ideas for his 49 build..Doug

3. Robert Jewell

To my understanding the Caddy is lost. He lost it in his divorce. Hasn't seen it since.

4. Caddy41

Caddy41 King Daddy

Hi Robert.....I think Jason took it over and he became ill and couldn't finish it......I saw it for sale some where in Nevada ????? a few years back hope its got a good home as it will be a stunning when finished.......

5. Robert Jewell

6. Robert Jewell

I need to get James back on here so he can piece in the puzzle pieces for us.

Chris Tromba likes this.