Some pics of my 61, bring on the skegs

Discussion in '62 - 61' started by Aussie CaddyDaddy, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Aussie CaddyDaddy

Aussie CaddyDaddy Little Daddy

G'day everyone, just a few pics of my 61, a shot of my pearled steering wheel and dash, things you will notice is the after market air con, the engine gauges over the radio, the air ride gauges and paddle controls, the CB radio, all these extras were added just prior to our trip across Australia back in 2014, cruised 7,500 miles in 6 weeks for the cruise to Western Australia from the Gold Coast on the east coast. In some of the pics you can see some of the custom touches I have done over the last 9 years with the front and rear end of my 61.

Milts 61 Caddy1.jpg Milts 61 Caddy2.jpg Milts 61 Caddy4.jpg Milts 61 Caddy5.jpg Milts 61 Caddy6.jpg Milts 61 Caddy7.jpg Milts 61 Caddy8.jpg Milts 61 Caddy9.jpg Milts 61 Caddy9b.png Milts 61 Caddy10.jpg

tudor_47, 55edsled, hotrodvol and 5 others like this.
  2. topcarbon

topcarbon King Daddy

beautiful

3. Chris Tromba

Chris Tromba Administrator Staff Member

I love the wheel. Fantastic!

Aussie CaddyDaddy likes this.
  4. hotrodvol

hotrodvol King Daddy

Beautiful car! Do you know the shade of black that is on the roof and that steering wheel more info please?

5. Aussie CaddyDaddy

Thanks Mate, the black on the roof is no shade at all, its straight black, in fact its being repainted later this year, again Black, just have a few marks on i'm not happy with, the steering wheel was done by Pearlcraft in Victoria. They did a brilliant job, could not be happier, cost a fair bit to do, but was well worth it, as it the thing you hang onto the most when with your Cadillac.

hotrodvol and Chris Tromba like this.
  6. hotrodvol

hotrodvol King Daddy

Great looking S. wheel. My car is white and originally had a vinyl top, but the top was taken off and it was just sprayed over black to keep it from rusting. I'm try to decide if I want new black paint sprayed on or new vinyl top. I love the 1961-62 Caddys and will hopefully have one someday. You have a great one.

7. Nadeem Khan

Nadeem Khan King Daddy

I love it. Do the bullets on the turn signals make them less effective? they look great.

8. Robert Jewell

Robert Jewell Moderator Staff Member

Love it. Gorgeous '61. Thanks for sharing her here.

9. itsPEEEETE

itsPEEEETE Little Daddy

Very nice!

Where'd you find the bullets for the grille and turn signals?

10. Aussie CaddyDaddy

Thanks heaps, yes I'd do paint as it is far easier to keep, but each to their own, some like to keep it original. Regards Milton

Chris Tromba likes this.
  11. Aussie CaddyDaddy

Thanks for the comments, No, not at all, I actually put a heap of alum foil, the normal cooking foil on the inside where the bullets cover the centre and I think this along with LED's make it as clear as day, very bright.

Chris Tromba likes this.
  12. Aussie CaddyDaddy

Thanks for the comments, The bullets are what they use on Big Rig number plates to decorte them, I bought a bunch of them and went to town after I painted the grille black, as I have never really liked the look of an original grille, to boring for me, this one cerrtainly stands out. And the best thing is that these bullets had a screw on the other end so they just screwed into the riverts on the grille, very easy for such a great impact. Regards Milton

Chris Tromba likes this.
  13. Nadeem Khan

Nadeem Khan King Daddy

Beautiful steering wheel for a beautiful car.

14. Aussie CaddyDaddy

Thanks Mate, at AU$750.00 it was expensive to have it pearled, but well worth it, as I get many comments about it, it really is the crown of the interior, and its what me as the driver sees all the time, so why not spend this money on it. Thanks for the comment.

Chris Tromba likes this.
  15. rudawg

rudawg New Member

BITCHIN' RIDE